The Sugar Craft Course is a specialist course which teaches everything from the history of sugar work through to boiling, blowing, casting, spinning, pulling and so much more. You will learn how to design your own sugar based decorations, which will be sure to impress everyone! This is a very specialised course and would suit someone wanting to create showpieces and decorate cakes for special occasions.
This self-paced programme could be completed in under 3 months. A maximum of 6 months is allowed to complete this course.
The studies you will complete from your own home, via our Learner Management System. Our Key Benefits will ensure that you stay motivated whilst studying with International Culinary Studio. Once registered, your Student Experience will be accessible and your learning material available on any pc, portable or mobile smart device (Technology Programme Requirements). Our Chef Instructors will be available and will guide you through your programme to successful course completion.
*Please ensure you have the correct kitchen equipment.
On completion of this Sugar Craft programme, you could progress into any of the other short courses. As a good add-on, we recommend one or more of the following courses:
- History of Sugar Work
- Calculating Quantities
- Sugar Decorating Equipment
- Using Equipment Safely and Hygienically
- Safe Handling of Boiled Sugar Solutions
- Sugar Techniques
- Decorative Sugar Work
- Choosing colours, decorations and supports
- Boiling, Pulling, Blowing and Casting sugar
Once you have successfully completed this programme you will be awarded with an International Culinary Studio Certificate of Achievement and a Digital Badge.
- Full Payment @ $ 1999, or
- Monthly Payment @ $ 199 Deposit followed by 3 Monthly Payments of $ 660 per month, or
- Weekly Payment @ $ 199 Deposit followed by 10 Weekly Payments of $ 198 per week.
The investment includes:
- Personal online login to our Learner Management System, all study material and videos.
- Online e-Portfolio
- Certificate of Achievement
- You must be 16 years or older.
- If English is not your first language, you will be required to provide evidence of your English Language Skills. This is an IELTS result of a General or Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5. For more information, please visit ielts.org
You need to prepare for the following additional costs, depending on your programme:
- Ingredients used for practicing all recipes at home or at the workplace.
- Costs to purchase any technology and/or kitchen equipment that you may not have, but need to use in the programme. (see included lists of requirements)
- Cost of your internet access.
- Any printing you choose to do from the Study Guides.