The Café Chef course has been designed with the café culture of Australia & New Zealand in mind. This course will ensure you have the fundamentals to succeed in the café environment, and includes Work Health & Safety, Food & Nutrition and Preparing Food for Café Service. Although often the kitchens are really small and products are bought in, you will need to be able to produce and display items yourself to a high standard and manage the kitchen in the process. The fresh products are often made on site and use local and in-season produce. This course will enable you to confidently apply for a position as a Café Chef or upskill yourself in your current position.
This is a self-paced programme and could be completed in under 6 months. A maximum of 12 months is allowed to complete this course.
The studies you will complete from your own home, via our Learner Management System. Our Key Benefits will ensure you stay motivated whilst studying with International Culinary Studio. One registered, your Student Experience will be accessible and your learning material available on any pc, portable or mobile smart device (see technology requirements). Our Chef Instructors will be available and will guide you through your programme to successful course completion.
*Please ensure you have the correct kitchen equipment.
- Work, Health & Safety in the Hospitality Sector
- Food, Nutrition and Special Dietary requirements
- Standard Recipes
- Tools and Equipment used for production in Cold Foods
- Mise-En-Place and Storage
- Techniques to Finish
- Professional Behaviours
- Effective Communication
- Food Safety Procedures
- Catering Control Cycles
- Types of Menus
- Finishing Biscuits, Cakes, Sponges and Presentation
Once you have successfully completed this programme you will be awarded with an International Culinary Studio Certificate of Achievement and a Digital Badge.
- Full Payment @ $ 2000, or
- Monthly Payment @ $ 500 Deposit followed by 6 Monthly Payments of $ 275 per month, or
- Weekly Payment @ $ 500 Deposit followed by 12 Weekly Payments of $ 138 per week.
The investment includes:
- Personal online login to our Learner Management System, all study material and videos.
- Online e-Portfolio
- Certificate of Achievement
- You must be 16 years or older.
- If English is not your first language, you will be required to provide evidence of your English Language Skills. This is an IELTS result of a General or Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5. For more information, please visit ielts.org
You need to prepare for the following additional costs, depending on your programme:
- Ingredients used for practicing all recipes at home or at the workplace.
- Costs to purchase any technology and/or kitchen equipment that you may not have, but need to use in the programme. (see included lists of requirements)
- Cost of your internet access.
- Any printing you choose to do from the Study Guides.